CALL FOR PAPERS
CONSUMER SATISFACTION/DISSATISFACTION AND
COMPLAINING BEHAVIOR CONFERENCE
JUNE 20 – 24, 2012
The Journal of Consumer Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior will be holding its bi-ennial conference June 20 – June 24, 2012 in La Verne, California.
This is a particularly special conference in that we will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior!
Accordingly, we shall be paying homage to the founding fathers: H. Keith Hunt and Ralph Day.
- International Airports: there are numerous options in the La Verne, California area, including Burbank and LAX. However, the most convenient option in terms of distance to the conference site is the LA/Ontario International Airport (1923 East Avion Drive Ontario, California 91761 (909) 937-2163). The airport code is ONT and this airport is 12 miles from the campus at the University of La Verne and 10 miles from the conference hotel (the Doubletree Hotel in Claremont, CA).
- Registration will take place initially at the Doubletree Hotel in Claremont (555 W. Foothill Blvd., Claremont, California, United States 91711, tel. 1-909-626-2411) from 5 – 6:30 p.m. on June 20, 2012. Registration packets also will be available at the conference site (University of La Verne) each day. The Doubletree-Claremont is the hotel we recommend to conference attendees due to the location and available amenities ($114/night plus tax for accommodations, single or double; breakfast is provided for an additional cost of $10 per day; check out their website at www.doubletreeclaremont.com ). This is a very nice hotel and it also has the advantage of being located a short 3 miles to the north of the Campus Center at the U. of La Verne which will be the site for all of our sessions. Parking is free in a lot located near to the Campus Center at the university. For those without their own cars, transportation will be provided to the University and back to the Doubletree-Claremont each day of the conference.
For reservations at the Doubletree in Claremont, CA call toll-free 1-800-222-TREE and identify yourself as a participant in the CS/D&CB Conference [Group Code CSD]. Alternatively, you can call the hotel directly at 1-909-626-2411. Also, you can make your reservation online by visiting www.doubletreeclaremont.com . Remember to use the Group Code: CSD.
A block of rooms has been reserved but reservations must be made by May 15, 2012 at the latest to guarantee space. Make your reservations early to be sure that you secure your accommodations at this delightful hotel. Pending room availability, this rate will also apply 2 days before and 2 days after the conference.
- La Verne is just 30 miles from Los Angeles, 19 miles from Anaheim, 90 miles from San Diego, 120 miles from Palm Springs and 240 miles from Las Vegas. La Verne is a beautiful city (31,000 population) and is just a few miles from numerous sites of interest, including Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm, restaurants to fit every desire and budget, and so much more. Bring the family and make it a vacation!
SPECIAL EVENTS: In addition to the Friday evening picnic, we are also considering a group outing to Disneyland. Also, pending the availability of home games during the dates of the conference, for those interested in a major league baseball game, we will be looking into a night game involving either the Los Angeles Dodgers or the Anaheim Angels.
- Sessions begin Thursday morning, June 21 ending each day by 4:30 p.m. and the conference is scheduled to end at noon on Sunday, June 24, 2012.
- Conference venue and host: all sessions will be held on the University of La Verne campus, 1950 Third St., La Verne, CA. Thanks to our colleague Janis Dietz, theconference is hosted by the University of La Verne’s College of Business and its dean, Dr. Abe Helou. The University of La Verne is a highly regarded university. Check out their website, as follows: www.laverne.edu .
- Early Registration [by May 15, 2012] = $325 ($225 for graduate students) and includes refreshments during all session breaks, lunch on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and a picnic on Friday evening. Transportation to campus and back to the Doubletree Hotel will also be provided each day. Late Registration = $375 ($250 for graduate students).
- We welcome papers focusing on topics related to customer satisfaction, customer dissatisfaction and complaining behavior, and linkages between any of these or related constructs and customer loyalty toward service providers, consumer or business organizations/products. Empirical and conceptual papers are equally encouraged as are full blown papers as well as brief abstracts. If you choose to submit a fully developed paper, please try to limit the length of your manuscript to not more than 35 pages (double-spaced; 12 pt font). All submissions will undergo a double-blind editorial board review process and we promise a two week turnaround. All accepted papers and abstracts will be published in copyrighted electronic Proceedings and made available on a CD at the conference.
- Due Date for Submitting Papers or Abstracts: April 12, 2012. Check out our website (http://www.cob.ilstu.edu/jcsdcb) for additional details, including the registration form. To ask questions and/or to electronically submit your paper or abstract, contact:
Emeritus Professor of Marketing, College of Business
Illinois State University, Normal, IL 61790-5590
Tel. (309) 438-2893 (O) or (309) 838-7106 (Cell)