The Journal of Consumer Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior will be
holding its bi-ennial conference June 4 – June 8, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
This is a special conference in that we will be welcoming Gillian Naylor
as the new Editor of the Journal of Consumer Satisfaction,
Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior!
· International Airport: The airport code is LAS and this international airport is less than 2 miles from the campus at the University of Nevada – Las Vegas and from the conference hotel (Hyatt Place).
· Registration will take place initially at Hyatt Place (4250 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89169) from 5 – 6:30 p.m. on June 4, 2014. Registration packets also will be available at the conference site (Lee School of Business, UNLV) each day. Hyatt Place is the hotel we recommend to conference attendees due to the location and outstanding amenities
($ 95.00/night plus tax for accommodations; a complimentary hot breakfast is provided. Check out their website at www.lasvegas.place.hyatt.) To secure this rate you must book before May 7, 2014. This is a very nice hotel and it also has the advantage of being located a short distance from the Lee Business School at UNLV which will be the site for all of our paper presentation sessions. Visitor parking is available, by pre-arrangement, in a lot located near to the Campus Center at the university. For those without their own cars, transportation will be provided to the University and back to the Hyatt each day of the conference. The University is walking distance; the edge of campus is less than one block from the hotel.
For reservations at Hyatt Place:
1. Go to: www.lasvegas.place.hyatt.
2. Choose your check-in date and check-out date. Your arrival and departure dates must be between the dates of June 4, 2014 and June 8, 2014.
3. Click on offers and gift certificates.
4. Enter group code G-JOUR in the box labeled Group/Corporate #.
5. You then hit the check availability button.
6. From here verify that your group name is specified next to rate details and if everything matches then hit book.
If you have trouble booking please contact the hotel at 702-369-3366
A block of rooms has been reserved but they are available on a first-come first-serve basis. Make your reservations early to be sure that you secure your accommodations at this delightful hotel.
· Las Vegas is considered the entertainment capital of the world. Shopping is first class. Golf courses are first rate. Want to explore the outdoors? Hoover Dam is very close to Las Vegas. The Grand Canyon is within a 3 hour drive, as are two national parks: Zion and Bryce. Bring the family and make it a vacation!
· Sessions begin Thursday morning, June 5 ending each day by 4:15 p.m. and the conference is scheduled to end at noon on Sunday, June 8, 2014.
· Conference venue and host: all sessions will be held on the University of Nevada – Las Vegas campus. Thanks to Gillian Naylor and her colleagues in the Department of Marketing and International Business at UNLV, the conference is hosted by the UNLV’s Lee Business School and its dean, Dr. Brent Hathaway. The B-school at UNLV is highly regarded. Check out their website, as follows: http://business.unlv.edu/
· Early Registration [by May 4, 2014] = $300 ($200 for graduate students) and includes refreshments during all session breaks. Lunch on Thursday, Friday and Saturday can be purchased separately around campus UNLV. Transportation to campus and back to the Hyatt Place Hotel will also be provided each day. Late Registration = $350 ($250 for graduate students).
· We welcome papers focusing on topics related to customer satisfaction, customer dissatisfaction and complaining behavior, and linkages between any of these or related constructs and customer loyalty toward service providers, consumer or business organizations/products. Empirical and conceptual papers are equally encouraged and full blown papers are welcomed as are brief abstracts. If you choose to submit a fully developed paper, please try to limit the length of your manuscript to not more than 35 pages (double-spaced; 12 pt font). All submissions, including abstracts, will undergo a double-blind editorial board review process and we promise a two week turnaround. All accepted papers and abstracts will be published in copyrighted electronic Proceedings and made available on a CD at the conference.
· Due Date for Submitting Papers or Abstracts: April 7, 2014. Check out our website (http://lilt.ilstu.edu/staylor/csdcb) for additional details, including the registration form. To ask questions and/or to electronically submit your paper or abstract, contact:
Gillian Naylor, PhD
Incoming Editor, JCS/D&CB
Professor of Marketing
416A Beam Hall
Lee Business School, UNLV
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas NV 89154 -6010
(702) 895 – 1309