Web Design Process - For Faculty
Contact the CAS-IT: TAP Director to set up a planning and training appointment.
CAS-IT: TAP provides consultation, pre-built templates, and training for faculty to construct their websites.
Faculty should decide on the following goals for their site:
- Do you want to post your syllabi?
- Do you need secure folders to house copyrighted material?
- Do you want to use online quizzing?
- Do you want to have online communication?
- Do you want to have a homework wizard for uploading course materials?
- Do you want to use live chat sessions?
- Do you want to securely post grades online?
- What imagery or culture do you want to portray?
- Do you have pictures or other media you would like to use?
- Do any of your students have special needs?
- Do you prefer Microsoft Expression Web Editor or Macromedia DreamWeaver?
- Are you a mac or a windows user?
- What department are you in and do you want your site affiliated with your department (www.dept.ilstu.edu/yourulid)?
- Have you seen other websites that you want to emulate?