CAS-IT: TAP exists to serve all the technological needs of the faculty members. One of those needs is an application that can be used to post syllabi online. This application requires both an ease of use and a need for consistency. Since the majority of faculty members keep their syllabi in Word or PDF, we created a system which allows a faculty member to upload their syllabi in either of these formats.
To utilize this new system a faculty member must do the following:
- The faculty member makes a request to be added to the system. Contact the CAS-IT: TAP administrators for this.
- Once added to the system, login to the College Information System with a ulid and password.
- The courses that you teach are automatically imported to this system each semester.
- Click on the link on the left to upload syllabi.
- Scroll down the page to where syllabi are uploaded (make sure you don't click browse to upload grades)
- Upload the syllabi file.
- Some departments will automatically have a listing of this syllabi link both under their course listings page and under a faculty profile (this is optional per department)
A student’s experience with the grade system is as follows:
- Students can view the link from a department course listing or faculty profile (optional)
- Students click on the link for the syllabi..
- They will be prompted to download the syllabi.
Check out our helpsheet page on how to set up online grades.
Note: We have added the ability for faculty to post a syllabus or a link to a syllabus.