Announcements & alerts
There are times when CAS-IT: TAP needs to conduct upgrades on equipment or software or simply when unexpected things happen. We will attempt to notify all of those affected by making postings on the CAS-IT: TAP homepage as well as having the information sent out via the CAS-IT Director. In some cases postings will also be made on the ISU alerts page.
- Planned Outage
- All members of the Server team and the CASIT Director will be notified on major changes to the Servers
- Planned Outages must be made atleast two weeks in advance, so as to give users to plan for an outage
- Server Team/CASIT Director will make a best effort to notify all affected users in a prompt manner
- Unplanned Outage
- The Server Team will have a on-call person at all times.
- On-Call person will notify Server Team members of outage, and take steps to remidy the issues
- Server Team will notify CASIT-Director as soon as possible during work hours
- Server Team/CASIT Director will make a best effort to notify all affected users in a prompt manne